ADANSONIA 2017 PROGRAM FOR ENTREPRENEURS IN AFRICA
Application deadline: April 30, 2017.
Apply now for the Adansonia 2017 program for aspiring and existing entrepreneurs and SMEs in Africa.
Benefits for entrepreneurs
Aspiring entrepreneurs and existing small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Africa will have the opportunity to:
1. Take an online course on entrepreneurship
2. Learn to build a business and to get funding from investors in a new 6-week online course by Bocconi University and venture capitalists in Africa.
3. Make new connections and get feedback
4. Discuss your business ideas with fellow entrepreneurs from other African countries and make new connections.
5. Pitch to investors and get funding
6. Pitch to local and international venture capitalists who are interested in funding African startups and SMEs.
7. Learn more at a top business school in Milan
8. The most innovative and engaged participants will have the opportunity to travel to Italy for a brief business course at Bocconi University.
Timeline for the 2017 program
The following dates are approximate and may change by a week.
– Apply for the program by April 30, 2017
– Online course begins May 7, 2017
All participants get to take a new six-week online course on entrepreneurship. In the course, you will learn how to craft your business plan and how to apply for funding from local and international investors. The course is taught by professors at Bocconi University, one of the top business schools in Europe, and by venture capitalists in Africa. The course consists of brief videos with low bandwidth requirements.
– Network with fellow entrepreneurs May 12, 2017
Some participants will have the opportunity to network with fellow entrepreneurs. In virtual communities and in-person meet-up events, participants will meet, chat, give feedback, offer advice, and more.
– Online course finishes June 16, 2017
By the end of the course, participants will have learned how to ideate a new value proposition, test an idea before launch, assess market size, assess competitors, segment customers, make financial forecasts, build your team, prepare a business plan, pitch your idea, and apply for funding.
– Participants submit business proposals June 18, 2017
All participants can submit a business proposal. These proposals are reviewed by venture capitalists in Africa.
– Pitching event July 7, 2017
Entrepreneurs with the top-rated business proposals (as rated by venture capitalists) will have the opportunity to pitch to local venture capitalists and other investors. These investors give feedback and have the opportunity to offer funding to the entrepreneurs.
Who is eligible?
In the April–June 2017 program, entrepreneurs must satisfy three requirements:
1. Based in Africa
Participants must be based in Africa. It doesn’t matter where.
2. Have a business idea
Aspiring entrepreneurs are welcome. So are entrepreneurs with an existing business that they wish to expand.
3. Have an Internet-connected device
Be able to view videos and to run an application on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Join the May–June 2017 program
Participation in the program is completely free. To join the program:
- Complete and submit this survey. This survey takes about 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
- Complete and submit this brief form at VC4A (Venture Capital for Africa).
After completing both of these steps, you are in!
A number of investors have partnered with the Adansonia program. These investors rate the business proposals submitted by participants. Entrepreneurs with the top-rated proposals get the opportunity to pitch to these investors, and after the pitching event, the investors decide whom to invest in.
For more information, CLICK HERE